A former technical service manager at Coventry City, strategic consultant at Siemens Business Services and editor of the Streetalk newsletter, Terry is also an active consultant with Socitm Consulting. Within Consulting Terry is Product Manager for procurement, outsourcing and green ICT, as well as author for a number of briefings. Terry took over editorial responsibility for Socitm News from Brian Westcott in August 2007 and sees the publication as a strategic communication channel for the society.
Terry is experienced in strategic consultancy at the highest levels. After 35 years in the public sector his key focus is on advising public and independent sector organisations on major procurement programmes, performance management and outsourcing. As a specialist in EU procurement legislation for over 15 years, his contributions span the earliest Audit Commission guidance on ICT purchasing to development of Socitm’s SMART procurement model. He has been both a buyer and supplier and has advised numerous local authorities and other organisations on ICT outsourcing, procurement, contract management, benchmarking, options appraisals and benefits realisation. Formerly Technical Services Manager at Coventry City Council, and Strategic Consultant with Siemens, he is currently a Principal Consultant and Product Manager for Socitm Consulting.
- Expert consultant on outsourcing, EU procurement, contract management etc
- Facilitation of workshops and mentoring individuals on strategic goals and visions
- Training and presenting at all levels
- Quality assurance and options appraisal
Key achievements to date
- Strategic advice and support on EDRMS procurement for LB Tower Hamlets
- Lead Consultant on outsourced service review for Salisbury District Council
- Led strategic vision workshop and review for Bedfordshire Housing Association
- Lead Consultant on dental system procurement review for Sunderland TPCT
- Developed business case for new website for Institute of Occupational Safety & Health
- Lead Consultant on outsource procurement support for Scottish Parliament
- Principal Consultant on benchmarking of ICT services and outsource partnerships
Belfast City, Cambridgeshire CC, Cotswold DC, Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Suffolk Coastal DC, Swansea, Tower Hamlets LB, IDEA, etc.
Steve Hill, Benefits Services Manager, Tower Hamlets LB: “Terry uncovered the issues we needed to consider and backed by his breadth and depth of knowledge gave us the confidence to make decisions on them. Our understanding grew through his involvement.”
|9501 Terry Street.doc||53.5 KB|