Niall is a seasoned professional with a powerful blend of technical, management and consulting skills. These have been gained in a variety of international business environments including banking, information technology and local government. Before joining Socitm Consulting, Niall was a Senior Business Consultant at Steria Ltd and prior to that Head of IT and e-Government champion at Mid-Beds District Council. He has led a wide range of technical and change projects in both local government and the private sector. Niall is an accredited PRINCE2 practitioner and is also CTC security cleared.
- Delivering change in local government through people and process improvement
- Programme and project management at practitioner level (PRINCE2 accredited)
- IT strategy development
- Building information strategies to achieve effective management of documents, records and web content across complex organisations
Key achievements to date
- Advised Coventry City Council on returning from an out-sourced to an in-house service model
- Led the Customer Services Transformation Programme for Berwick-upon-Tweed BC
- Delivered the e-government strategy for Mid-Beds District Council including call centre deployment (as Head of IT)
- Helped London Borough of Lewisham identify and deliver major process and efficiency improvements in their Revenues & Benefits operations
- Project managed the deployment of online leisure centre bookings and planning applications for Bedford Borough Council
Sample of previous clients
Avon & Somerset Police, Aylesbury Vale DC, Bedford Borough, Berwick Borough, Cumbria Constabulary, Breckland Council, Coventry City Council, Daventry DC, East Duns Council, Lincolnshire Shared Services Partnership, National Library of Scotland, Renfrewshire Council, Wakefield MDC etc. (Steria clients: LB of Lewisham, LB of Bexley, Northern Rock Bank.)
Tom Burns, Head of IT, Renfrewshire Council: “Niall helped us develop a new corporate IT strategy. He was very attentive to our needs and prepared to put himself out to meet our demands. He has very good interpersonal skills and a very good understanding of IT Strategy issues and we worked well together”.
|9501 Niall Perry.doc||55.5 KB|