Our core values
We are committed to equality of opportunity both in the provision of services and in all our relationships. This commitment is contained in our core values and in formal policies and statements about how we work. We expect all our people to promote equality in the workplace and in the services we deliver, and to challenge inequality. In this way, we can help address inequality.
We are a leader in using electronic methods to communicate internally, and subject to agreement, between us and our clients, thus obviating the need for paper and other resources to transfer material by physical means. This conforms to BS14001.
We provide guidelines to our consultants to encourage the most cost efficient end environmentally friendly means of transport - we favour video and telephone conferencing over physical meetings, the use of the train over the use of private cars, land based travel over air travel, and restrictions on payments made to consultants who choose to use less than the most efficient means of travel. No “company cars” are provided.
Our consultants consider environmental benefits in their recommendations to clients. In addition to e-mail for the transfer of documents, other technologies (eg video conferencing for reduced travel and electronic records for reduce office space) are recommended for environmental benefits in accordance with any project brief. “Brown paper envelope” tenders are never recommended.
We take into account environmental factors in projects – for example, when required to do so within projects (always recommended), safe methods of disposal and application of the waste hierarchy are emphasised.
We abide by the code of conduct of Socitm. This is set out below.
- Uphold the high professional reputation of the Society
- Enforce high standards of business integrity
- Encourage professional development of themselves and colleagues
- Maintain awareness of professional development and standards
- Develop personal business skills
- Conform to recognised good practice
- Provide professional services within their own level of competence
- Offer only fair objectives and reliable opinions based on knowledge
- Accept full responsibility for their own work and that of their staff
- Avoid any situation which may give rise to a conflict of interest.
- Conform with all local Code of Conduct and Conditions of Service
- Undertake their duties with due care and diligence
- Use their best endeavours to deliver work to specification, on time, and within cost
- Not accept any inducements for the introduction of business except where the making of such introductions is an agreed element of a contractor or employee role with an agreed form of remuneration or reward is being operated.
- At all time respect the confidentiality of third party business information
- Avoid becoming privy or party to information, etc. which may conflict with business responsibilities or public interests
- Not knowingly misrepresent or withhold information of products etc. for which they are concerned.
- Act with unquestioned probity in giving advice.
- At all times behave and work in a legal manner
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation, etc.
- Have due regard for equal opportunities and human rights of an individual
- Seek to advance public knowledge of information and communications technology