Save costs on procurement - an easier way to buy applications
If you are likely to buy business application software in the next year or two, you may find that the process has become easier. OGC Buying solutions have set up the Local Government Software Application Solutions framework (ref RM9865), in which 39 suppliers have been appointed, ranging from multi-nationals to SME organisations.
There are nine lots covering
- Revenues, benefits and finance
- Performance management, planning and decision making
- Social care
- Libraries, museums and leisure
- Electoral services
- Social housing
- Waste and environmental health
- Highways and transport
The framework became effective from 27/07/2011 and expires two years from then.
It is accessible to Local Government bodies, such as local authorities, and to many other organisations that deliver any of the services to a local authority. But it is wider than the name suggests as the list is open to health, police, social landlords etc, and covers the whole of the UK. It will be managed jointly by the Government Procurement Service and Pro5, and is expected to bring greater savings through collaboration across the UK public sector. They are looking for opportunities to actively work with customers to aggregate demand to drive the best possible prices.
Like most frameworks, it can be used either to provide a basis for a mini-competition, or in some circumstances to pick a singler provider. The latter applies if you can determine that the requirement can be met from the information available in the catalogue, all the terms can be used without change, and the provider offers the most economically advantageous solution based on “total lifecycle cost” and “service wrap”.
If you want help and advice on using this option and how it compares to other procurement options contact us on email@example.com or 0845 450 0904.
You may also be interested in these items
- Our services
- Council of the Future
- Our web services
- Financial systems options review
- Social services application procurement
- Social Services system implementation review
- Procurement of Highways Schemes system
- HR / Payroll procurement support
- Strategic sourcing of your ICT services
- Saving money in supporting your applications
- Four Essex councils in joint procurement deal
- Reducing the IT costs
- In-source procurement support
- Procurement support - desktop systems
- Integration to key systems