Security testing can find more than you expected
Regular IT Health Checks and penetration testing are necessary to protect your network, website and individual devices against external and internal threats. Compliance and good governance aside, however, penetration testing can often come up with surprising results. Socitm Consulting's IT security partners, Encription Ltd, have been performing â?~top of the treeâ?T quality penetration testing for several years, and have uncovered some alarming cases. In one instance, an Encription penetration test resulted in a 40% drop in helpdesk calls; in another, an employee moonlighting as a freelance web developer had compromised the entire network as well as cheating his employer.
So a penetration test can not only protect your information assets and corporate reputation, it can also reduce support cost and improve quality of service by identifying troublesome system configurations and illicit activities. Specialist deep testing by Encription reaches parts of the system that other testing may not reach!.Where fraud and illegal activity are detected and the client chooses to pursue a case, Encription can provide end to end and highly confidential forensic and expert witnessing services. Encription Limited is a CHECK and Tiger-certified company and has wide experience in GCSx and CoCo testing and compliance.
If you'd like to discuss our penetration testing and allied security services, please call me on 0845 450 0904. If you would like to have a bit more detail about them, please see our page on security.
You may also be interested in these items
- Council of the Future
- Our services
- The website and intranet of tomorrow - today!
- Managing information - your greatest asset
- Self service - satisfaction and savings
- Channel shift – are you reaping the benefits?
- Web baseline and performance assessment
- Our web services
- Creating the perfect website
- Essentials for a perfect website
- Customer-centric view of the Council of the Future
- Audit of PC disposal procedures
- ICT security policy review
- Information security gap analysis